WE06 Wind Turbine Climber (Demonstrator) Course
This course has been developed to meet the needs of the wind turbine industry, and is designed to equip those attending with the skills required in order to access and rescue from a range of different situations on wind turbines (WTG). With a key focus being the hub area, all techniques are generic in concept rather than being specific to a specific WTG. They are designed to equip students with the ability to problem solve and develop solutions regardless of the WTG type.
Medically fit with a head for heights and must have an in date RenewableUK Work at Height qualification.
Who Should Attend
This course is aimed at employees who are required to access a range of WTG and who need a more advanced rescue capability.
Course Objectives & Content
- Advanced access to the nacelle/nose cone etc.
- Planning for rescue and emergencies
- Rescue teams and equipment
- Rescue equipment characteristics and limitations
- Requirements for inspection, storing and maintaining equipment
- Use of stretchers, long boards etc.
- Suspension Intolerance
- Safe casualty raising and lowering techniques
- Horizontal progression to Hub & Anemometer
- Rescue from the hub and yaw areas
- Rescue from climb assist systems
- External rescues from hubs and nacelle
For further information please click here to contact us.
Delegates will receive a certificate and photo identity card valid for 2 years.